The historical society has a variety of printed documents/resources that can be viewed during the Historical Society’s hours on Sunday and Thursdays or by special appointment.
- Gustine Standard in print from 1911-1994
- The Press-Standard in print from 2004 to the present
- Gustine High School yearbooks from 1921-present
- Gustine Elementary School K-8 registers from 1921-1994 including some early registers from Clay, Canal and Enterprise Schools
- Obituaries on West Side residents from 1990
- Historical booklets from the Patterson Historical Society, McHenry Museum and Historical Society of Stanislaus County and the Turlock Historical Society
- Many municipal court records of Gustine
- Eastern Star, Community Club, Chamber of Commerce, Grange Organization Club records
- Gustine Standard on Digital Reel from 1912-1990
Genealogical Publications and Documents
- Merced County naturalization records from 1861-1949
- Cemetery indexes of Merced and Stanislaus County
- Merced County births from 1873-1921
- Merced County deaths from 1899-1921
- Merced County census records
- Great Register of Stanislaus County late 1800’s
- Great Register of Merced County 1902
- Books containing local history and biographies by Elliott & Moore 1881, Guinn 1905, Tinkham 1921, Outcalt 1925, and Radcliffe 1940
Two books of interest that are available on line and at History Center:
- History of Stanislaus County by George Henry Tinkham, published 1849 with biographical sketches of the leading men and women of the county who have been identified with its growth and development from the early days to the present.
History of Merced County by J. Carlyle Parker in 1881 with biographical sketches of prominent citizens with illustrations, etc.
Any member can search the archives online for events and people. Contact us to make an appointment to begin your research. Call 209-854-6455.